The story of Silver Beach Lake and the Pavillion all began in 1916.
The history of Silver Beach Lake (originally Fish Lake) dates back as early as 1916 when it is said, “the first automobile was able to navigate the trails into the area." The building of the pavilion was in 1916 when locals and future cabin residents came together to build the magnificent building that was the first Silver Beach Hall.
The first and original hall, unfortunately, caught fire and burnt down. Then a few decades after the original, another was built. Locals came together, led by the future owner John Stefanishyn to build a bigger and better hall. In future, this hall held plenty of dances including midnight dances.
In 2005, Garry Naherniak and his family purchased the hall from John Stefanishyn who had this in his family since it was built. The building and land included the backyard and camping grounds further south.
Garry renovated the Hall inside and out. Including adding tin on the outer shell of the hall to protect the delicate building and fix its aging. The original hardwood floors were kept, but polished up and are still maintained very well to this day. Additional painting and small modern features were added; still keeping the historical features that are loved.
The living quarters were thoroughly renovated including new flooring, updated bedrooms and general maintenance to the entire living quarter area.
In 2016, Silver Beach Lake celebrated its Centennial anniversary. A weekend-long event, including a live band and celebration at the hall, was attended by many.
To this day, yearly events such as dances, weddings and other entertainment types are held within this building.